Thursday, August 29, 2013

Awards 2013

Here are the results from the exhibition baking competition. I received a placement for each of the sweets I entered and I placed fourth overall. I received a nice gift basket, that appears to have an Italian theme - it includes a pasta cookbook, pasta, manicotti shells, pasta sauce, vegetable broth, and a sauce mix. This is certainly a nice fit with my Italian heritage. Once again this year, my chocolate cake placed first - it really is the best! My mother's awesome chocolate zucchini loaf placed first again as well. The other items I have not entered before, but my vanilla cake won first too. My two heritage recipes also earned top prizes. I am a little surprised with the placement of my lemon squares and chocolate coconut squares, which both got rave reviews from family and friends. Oh well, at least they are popular among us. I am quite pleased with my winnings, especially considering I am competing with breads and preserves for a top place, neither of which I have entered. 
4th Place Overall Exhibition 
COFFEE CAKE - Chocolate Streusel Cake - 2nd
ZUCCHINI LOAF - Double Chocolate Zucchini Loaf - 1st
BROWNIES - Chip Brownies - 4th
BAKED SQUARES - Lovely Lemon Cookies Bars - 3rd
NO BAKE-SQUARES - Chocolate Coconut Squares - 2nd
CHOCOLATE CAKE - Classic Chocolate Cake - 1st
WHITE CAKE - Vanilla Cake - 1st
SUGAR COOKIES - Classic Sugar Cookies - 3rd
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - 3rd
PLAIN SHORTBREAD - Nonna's Shortbread Cookies - 1st
BLUEBERRY ITEM - Blueberry Yogurt Cake - 1st

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Congratulations Rebecca! Too bad you don't live here closer to us so we could taste test your baked goods!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - Mom and Dad are so proud.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, well deserved! The Marzlins

Bexy said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratultions Rebecca from your Aunt in Sweden. Good work!