Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nutella Hot Chocolate

Well, like I said, I am not off my Nutella kick yet. World Nutella Day has come and gone, but I am still making treats with Nutella because, 1) It's delicious, 2) I have some left, and 3) There are still a lot of Nutella recipes I want to try. I am taking it a bit easier though, just one Nutella creation for now, and a simple, small one at that. Though this one can be made anytime in a matter of minutes, and is certainly rich (this could be dangerous). It is a simple Nutella hot chocolate, much better than any powdered hot chocolate mix you can buy. I actually use to make something like this often and drink it for breakfast. The recipe is simple and variable. And the result is a rich, sweet chocolaty drink. 

Nutella Hot Chocolate
1-3 Tablespoons Nutella, depending on how sweet and rich you would like it (I used 2)
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, sweetened or unsweetened, optional 
(this makes the drink a little more chocolate and can help cut the sweetness if you use unsweetened)
milk, to fill the mug

Place the Nutella and cocoa, if using, in a microwaveable mug, and pour in milk to fill. Stir as best as you can. Microwave for a minute, stir, and then another thirty seconds or so until the Nutella is completely melted and the drink is hot.
This can also be heated in a saucepan on the stove. This method is better if you are making several servings, but it does take longer.

As you can see by the picture, the Nutella may melt on the side of the mug a bit, but it is delicious at the end!

No comments: