Thursday, September 01, 2011

Exhibition Baking Competition

It's that time of year again! The annual fall exhibition is in town for the week. The exhibition includes a wide variety of activities for people of all ages to enjoy, including rides, games, horse shows, amusements, food stalls, music, barrell racing, farm animals, and much more. There are also competitions, where people can enter there own home items, such as quilts, cross-stiches, photographs, knitting, crafts, vegetables, flowers, plants, and of course my personal favourite, home cooking!
Naturally, I entered a few things into the home cooking competition. I entered five different things twice; because I qualified for both the junior and the senior categories, I entered each of the five items in both of the categories.

CHOCOLATE CAKE - Classic Chocolate Cake
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - Jumbo Soft & Chewy Chip Cookies
GINGERSNAP COOKIES - Ginger Crinkles
BAKED SQUARES - Chocolate Smacks
NO-BAKE SQUARES - Peanut Butter Ice Box Squares

I was quite busy on Tuesday, trying to bake as much as possible on the day of judging so it would be at its best quality, then cutting, selecting, bagging, labeling, and unfortunately, cleaning. All of these items have appeared on my blog at some point, three of them in the past few days. Here is a picture of all of my items lined up and ready to go to the competition.

I'll have the results for you tomorrow!

No comments: